RULES & REGULATION 2016
This agreement pertains to all Work(s)
submitted to Directors Awards (the Festival):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s)
or screenplay to the Festival, you are agreeing to all TERMS AND
CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases has been
legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the
submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or
DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length,
and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value
- For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the
B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through
courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data
for final judging and screening.
C. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our
possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen
loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We
do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance)
to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne
by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not
for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to
refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at
the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning
filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will
only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any
reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have
accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and
reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity
purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not
be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be
screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning
films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film
unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in
the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to
circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications
with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so
may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication
process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or
nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with
the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that
Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and
partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint
events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in
regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of
any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the
Directors Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute
arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a
recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or
the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will
comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the
terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners,
affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability
associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.